REGIONAL SALES MANAGER: INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
KERRIDGE SYSTEM Preference
INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT INDUSTRY
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY: AFRICAN MALE/FEMALE
The purpose of this position is to ensure achievement of new business objectives, sales targets and revenue growth generated through personal performance and the performance of the Sales team, best management practices are followed in all areas of responsibility regarding new equipment sales procedures and actions, promoting a customer oriented service, to implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic vision, to maximize efficiency of the department and to operate the department profitably according to set targets
Key Performance Areas could include:
· To perform this job successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform each essential duty / key performance area satisfactorily. This list of key performance areas is not exhaustive and may be changed / supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time:
· Overall responsibility to manage Sales Department Personnel (bi-annual performance appraisals per staff member, payroll information to be compiled and submitted timeously, monthly departmental meetings, achieving employee morale survey target, managing leave and absenteeism, implementing and driving Investors In People in line with company strategic objectives, ensure effective inter-departmental and internal communication; maintaining compliance with company’s personnel policies with regards to hiring, terminations, compensation, benefits, discipline, grievances, safety and training).
· Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service (support and guide the sales team in attracting and securing new business, developing partnerships with and tailor made solutions for clients; evaluation of sales team’s development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed; evaluation of administrative and supervisory staff development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed).
· Responsible for all field sales activities in an assigned geographic territory and market or sales division
· Attain maximum net income from the sales of company products and services within the context of company policies
· Develop and achieve short and long-term sales goals for the Company’s products in the assigned territories and markets.
· Make necessary field trips, contact customers, distribution, and end-users; attend conventions and exhibitions a required to promote the sale of products in the assigned area.
· Work with other field sales managers from other territories or divisions within the company in a team environment to achieve maximum results for the Company as a whole.
· Communicate regularly with Customer Service and other teams within the Company relevant customer, market, and order and product information.
· Communicate and implement the policies and strategies of the company as they relate to the assigned territories
· Practice a sense of business morality. Ethics and quality in all activities
· Prepare market and customer sales forecast by product as required to achieve required market share, participation and winning ratio
· Communicate market information to sales management; e.g. information on competition, customer market changes
· Ensure that all activities conform to Company policies, and all appropriate laws and regulations
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be directed
· Sound financial management of department in line with budget and company strategic objectives (ensure the quality of rental business activated is in line with company objectives; ensure order take targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, stock turn is controlled, overheads and debtors are in line with company regulations and under control).
· Plan, prepare, submit and ensure achievement of Sales department’s budget.
· Preparation and presentation of weekly, monthly and quarterly + ad hoc reports
· Overall responsibility to ensure sales team follows administrative procedures correctly.
· Manage development and performance of the sales team within defined, allocated sales areas; ensuring that the team maintain acceptable levels of coverage, growth and profitability in their sales territories.
· Drive customer service excellence & ensure good relations and communication with customers.
· Grow department in line with company requirements.
· Ability to develop and implement operational innovation
· MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
· Appointments will be made in line with the company’s HSE Policy
· Tertiary qualification in Sales or Business Management
· Preferred Sales / Business Management Degree/Diploma
· Proven, successful track record and experience in managing a sales team in the material handling or related industry; minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
· Previous sales and sales management experience with emphasis on growth and strategic value-based selling
· Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
· Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Driver’s license (Valid)
· Experience in Kerridge System