An industry leading market research consulting firm that provide services including Demographic Feasibility Studies, Site Evaluations, Gap Analysis, Customer Data Analysis, Shopping Centre Research etc, is seeking to employ a GIS Technician to join their Randburg based team on a permanent basis. The company consult in sectors that include Retail, Property Management & Development, Healthcare, Education & various other commercial based businesses.
Perform the following GIS related tasks within the data and consulting departments:
- Data Manipulation
- Create mapping outputs for the GIS Analysts.
- Update and maintain data for accuracy and consistency
- At least a degree in Geography / GIS / Geo Informatics / Town Planning or similar. Other courses are also acceptable but the candidate must have relevant GIS experience
- At least 1 to 2 years’ relevant work experience, unless you have a Hons or Master’s degree
- Solid understanding of data capture, cleansing & QA techniques
- Experience in map layout and design
- Data manipulation, mapping & geo-coding
- SQL database management will be an advantage, but not essential
- Technical expertise (ESRI and database management)
- Software – ESRI ARC Map / ESRI ARC PRO / QGIS
Transport – You must have your own transport
Salary – R13 to R18k, dependant on skills and experience.