Contracts Administrator – (Saudi Arabia)
Salary negotiable (Tax free)
Single or married status
30 days leave per annum + 2x Eid holidays of 5 days each with public holidays
Education allowance for children
Utilities free of charge
Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position:
Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provides technical guidance in the Supply Management Department including contract preparation, evaluation, negotiation and award of public works, operation and maintenance, consulting studies, design and procurement type of contracts. Responsible for protecting the Royal Commission and Company interests in all contractual matters and insuring RC & Government Procurement Laws and policies and procedures are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
Experience and Qualifications: List the background experience required for the position, number of years’ experience, in what fields. Describe the desirable academic background.
1. Bachler Degree in Law or Construction Management/Quantity Surveying field with minimum 10 years of experience in pre-contract formation, negotiation and administration activities which include Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and large value infrastructure type construction contracts. Experience must include full range of public bidding activities, formulation of Bid Documents, responding to Bidders’ questions, issuing addendums, Bid Evaluation, Cost/oblige Price Analysis, leading meetings and negotiation for awards.
2. Must be fluent in English writing, reading and speaking and effectively communicate regarding contract issues.
3. Must have excellent writing skills, attention to details and accuracy in work.
4. Must also be computes literate and skill use of: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) for word processing presentation of spread sheets, use of other analytical software tools
Organizational Relationship: A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
Reports functionally to the Director, Supply Management and directly to the Manager, Contracting Section. Provides support to the Supply Management Department in all contractual matters. Interfaces with Royal Commission personnel from Royal Commission and end users Departments, Project Managers and occasionally Royal Commission Senior Management in supporting legal and contractual positions and negotiates directly with senior bidding personnel.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
1. Provides training, mentoring, legal and contractual guidance within the Supply Management Department regarding legal and contractual activities for the Royal Commission.
2. Review contract administration work for correctness and policy and procedures compliance.
3. Carry out the pre-award activities including pre-award schedule, provide advertisement for tenders and participate in the pre-award meetings, evaluation and negotiation process, including functional role as Bid Evaluation Team Lead and Negotiation Team Leader
4. Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; RFP and other legal or contractual packages as required.
5. Advises on new and revised policies and procedures.
6. Participates in selection, training and evaluation of personnel.
7. Advises appropriate Manager on contractual matters and is the Principal Advisor at the project level with regard to the strategy for and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
8. Prepares notice of award and notice to proceed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Administration Supervisor