Employer: Search Guide Services
A leading multinational organization, specializing in agricultural inspection and testing, has the following position available
* Specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, plant physiology, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, and insect and pest control.
* To gather, interpret and evaluate information about the chemistry, biology and physics of soils to inform and influence issues such as agricultural production, environmental quality, climate change, land remediation and biodiversity
* To advise on precision agricultural data such as crop yields, soil characteristics, input applications, terrain, drainage patterns and field management history.
* To compile and analyze geospatial data to determine agricultural implications of factors such as soil quality, terrain, field productivity, fertilizers, and weather conditions.
* To compare crop yield maps with maps of soil test data, chemical application patterns, or other information to
* Develop site-specific crop management plans.
* To document and maintain records of precision agriculture information
* Investigate and advise ways to improve crop yields and discern the best ways to plant, harvest, and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate
* Develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
Skills & Competencies :
* Complex problem solving
* Critical thinking
* Judgement and decision making
* Systems analysis
* Systems evaluation
* Quality control analysis
* Operation monitoring
* 3 year B. Agri Degree, or
* 4 year M. Sc in Agriculture
* Minimum 3 years field experience, but the more experience the better!
* The above-mentioned degrees must be with a focus on (key search words) soil sciences, agronomy, crop production, vegetable production, viniculture and fruit production
Specialists in the following fields may apply:
* Summer grains
* Soy beans
* Grain sorghum
* Small grains
* Orchard crops
* Wine grapes
* Table grapes
* Pecan nuts
* Macadamia nuts
Apply before Friday, December 28, 2018 - 38 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.