RT Engineer will be responsible for overall technical performance of RT department. He/she will provide leadership by practicing transparency, ensuring effective communication and maintaining professional and good business relationship between all stakeholders, internal and external to the company.
Provide technical support and QC on all safety products in sub-Saharan countries – from head office to all the branches. He/she will be responsible for impacting specialized product knowledge and support to aid the sale of safety products to new and existing customers.
He/she will transform the needs of Trysome customers into realistic technical solution and meet customer’s expectations. Close the gap between customer’s needs/expectations and HxM product solutions. This may include integrating different products and or developing/sourcing new product solutions. (e.g. Fail-Safe feature on CAS and Fatigue Monitoring Systems as required by our clients)
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Perform internal technical audit on (TL1 & TL2) safety products, to all Trysome technical staff from head office to all branches at least once per 3 months.
· Ensure all TL1 & TL2 technicians and co-engineers adhere to safety product installation and configuration standard.
· Work closely with RT Engineers to development & maintenance of in-house technical diagrams, standard installation and configuration documents.
· Ensure that fitment technicians (head office & branches) – TL1 & TL2 adhere to installation and configuration standard documents including the use of Vehicle Register data base.
· Manage all vehicle register data base and in-house developed technical documents and ensure they are available for use by fitment technicians (head office & branches).
· Provide technical solutions/advise on new products to RT HOD and sales personnel.
· Manage & co-ordinate RT Engineers technical developments which may include modifying electronic system designs, as per customer request or as the need arises
· On-site technical project support with regards installation & maintenance of specialized electronic systems e.g. Fatigue and standard MOS operations;
· Performing an advisory role in the preparation of quotes including tenders for specialized complex electronic systems solutions.
· Provide OEMs with feedback regarding system performance and customer requirements.
· Collaborate with the Project Manager and other team members on project deliverable;
· Effectively and accurately communicate technical matters to team members, Management and customers;
· Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude and promote the development of this in others.
· Collaborating with company staff to achieve the desired work result in accordance with the RT Department Strategy/Game Plan and TAE mission statement.
· Ad hoc admin duties from time to time.