RSM is currently looking for a Company Secretarial Manager for our Cape Town office. This role falls within the Company Secretarial Department and reports to the Directors. Below is a guideline of the role and responsibilities, qualifications and requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Managing the department and making sure that staff are doing their allocated work.
- Implement systems to make operations easier and more effective.
- Timeous completion and submission of CIPC annual returns when required.
- Maintaining, completing and updating Company Registers.
- Consulting to all new and existing clients on all company secretarial matters when appropriate.
- Attending to standard company secretarial duties including conversions, forming new companies, attending to share transfers, share issues, changing directors and changing members, resolutions and minutes of meetings.
- Attending to any amendments to MOI and related matters.
- Providing certified copies to company registration documentation when necessary.
- Obtaining the necessary ID and proof of address documentation for FICA purposes in regard to companies, close corporations, trusts and other entities.
- Preparing the necessary documentation for taking on new clients including professional letters, creating permanent files and obtaining all the necessary company statutory and FICA documentation.
- Preparation of the necessary documentation in regard to the formation of new trusts, changing trustees of existing trusts and the preparation and lodging of variation agreements.
- Communicating with Registrar/ CIPC as to the status of the work/ documents submitted.
- Performing deed searches.
- Performing CIPC searches.
- Attending to Agreed Upon Procedures (factual findings).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIS qualification or LLB or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role and environment would be required
- Experience with CIPC
- Computer literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience working with GreatSoft would be beneficial