Millar Cameron is a global leading recruitment agency, specialising in African food production. We are currently recruiting on behalf of a Southern African consumer-focused business company, who are running operations in slaughtering, processing, distribution and retail through their butcheries.
They are currently looking to hire a Regional Market Manager, who has experience of managing meat departments in large supermarkets. The candidate would be managing multiple stores around Zambia, and the role will require a candidate who has experience in managing teams and implementing hygiene practices in the workplace.
The Retail Manager’s responsibilities will be:
· Track sales report to and increase profits.
· Minimize out-of-stock and overstock to ensure fresh merchandise.
· Engage employees in specialized skills training
· Initiate localized merchandising plans
· Manage and track inventory records to estimate gross monthly profits as per company guidelines.
· Control department expenses by enhancing operations, meet budgeted goals.
· Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards mandated by state, federal and OSHA regulations.
· Communicate with departments to design marketing plans to meet meat store’s profits.
· Welcome and receive orders from customers.
· Determine Meat Department areas for improvement and institute changes to address concerns.
· Manage department records on performance, discipline and sales.