TECHNICAL MANAGER (UNDERGROUND MINING PLANT) - ZAMBIA, MUFULIRA
Must have TM3 experience including hydraulics
The Technical Manager will be required to ensure adherence to engineering standards, oversee labour and machinery on various mines to obtain optimum machine and equipment performance and engineering availability as well as achieve production targets.
Report to Projects Manager SA.
· Qualified Millwright or Fitter with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic experience (Section 13).
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
· Technical background with 3 years qualified experience as a TM3 artisan.
· Experience in underground mining TM3 Industry equipment will be advantageous.
· Experience on hydraulics will be advantageous.
· Experience in auto electrical.
· Knowledge of Deutz diesel engines advantageous.
· At all times be medically fit to perform duties.
· Responsible, accountable and ability to work independently under pressure.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, confident and assertive.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management and mine, contractor and supplier employees.
· Team player, flexibility and able to adapt to change.
· Maintain high levels of customer service.
· Timeous execution of tasks.
· Adapt to change.
· Strong relationship builder, Identify and develop new customers.
· Maintain high levels of customer service.
· Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
· Target driven and meet objectives.
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
· Manage the company in Zambia LIMITED and report to the Board of Zambia.
· Complete the required reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Do minutes of Board and EXCO meetings.
· Manage the warehouse and supply chain at Mufulira.
· Control the petty cash.
· Provide the necessary time sheets to the Financial Accounting provider (“Precise”) monthly for the payroll.
· Collect accounts in arrears.
· Manage and supervise Zambia employees.
· Prepare annual financial budget.
· Be aware of and inform your relevant line manager of any business developments/changes in your area immediately.
· No service or spare part/component to be done or delivered without an order number including warrantees.
· To manage your administrator so that invoices are immediately created and delivered when a service has been done or a spare has been delivered.
· Implement and monitor adherence to engineering standards, taking corrective action where necessary.
· Allocate resources in consultation with relevant Section Heads.
· Ensure the effective management and control of human resources for optimal utilization.
· Ensure compliance to the Mine Health and Safety Act.
· Implementing the Customers Health, Safety, Environment and Community strategic plan to comply.
· Training and development of employees to mining production requirements.
· Communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
· Creating a motivated and unified performance driven team through strong Leadership.
· Ensure that the technical assistance on all equipment, as required by the Customer, is provided timeously in order to meet the agreed equipment availability.
· Ensure that at all times the service technicians have the appropriate equipment / tools to perform their required site work duties and services.
· Ensure that your subordinates are working safely at all times and abide by the respective Customer’s SHEQ policy and procedures.
· As required by the Customer, report on:
§ Audit and over inspection services performed on equipment;
§ Planned maintenance services performed on equipment;
§ Training of. operators and technical personnel;
§ Evaluation of artisan and operators’ standards for re-train programs;
§ Operator abuse on any equipment and to submit a written report to the mine on your observations and recommendations;
§ Correct OEM spares are installed and fitted on equipment at all times.
· Constantly liaise with the Customer to ensure the correct and timeously availability of long lead components and spares.
· Forecast short, medium and long term stock requirements to maintain and improve on service levels.
· Ensure that serviceable stock is maintained at optimal levels. Make use of historical and predicted usage to set minimum and maximum stock levels for each item so that reasonable commercial or cost limits are not exceeded.
· Ensure that excess/surplus and obsolete stock is identified on a monthly basis and returned to South Africa.
· Liaise with all SA support departments to expedite and ensure that existing service levels are maintained and improved on.
· Ensure that documentation for all delivered goods is stamped and signed for by an authorized mine employee at the time of receipt of the goods.
· A proper filing system has to be maintained for:
§ Audit reports;
§ Machine hours per unit in your area;
§ Maintenance history of units in your area;
§ General running cost per unit in your area;
§ Responsible for all administrative duties regarding receipt and issuing and dispatch of stock items used for service jobs.
· Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to by all Service Technicians.
· Introduce and promote training programs that can be offerd to existing and new customers.
· Constantly liaise with the Customers and potential Customers to ensure that they are aware of the equipment, training and services available in Zambia to solve site / mining problems and reduce their cost.