Our client, a leading berry farming organisation, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven General/ Production manager for their farm in Namibia.
This person will be responsible for the overall management and leadership functions on the farm.
Responsibilities will include labour planning and management, production, harvesting and all packhouse management functions.
- Strategic direction and management.
- Financial management, reports and budgets.
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of the total production process of crops aligned to world class growing techniques.
- Total management of production, harvest and packhouse processes according to company
standards and procedures.
- Staff management and development.
- Labour planning.
- Compliance management.
- Provide support to cross functional teams in developing business plans, budgets, pricing
structures and marketing plans.
- Sound leadership and direction and ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export customers.
- Agricultural qualification or Business qualification (for example, post graduate business qualification).
- Exceptional leadership and management experience.
- Financial management, including budgeting experience.
- Planning and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in soft fruit industry.
- Working under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Experience in HACCP, BRC, and or other quality systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Soft Fruit Industry Experience