Employer: MMI Holdings
Apply before Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 24 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.Role PurposeManaging communication between agile teams and product owners of internal and external business units to develop software that supports business needs.Responsibilities and work outputs • Leading development delivery within timelines;
• Helping foster a culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams;
• Facilitating all team meetings, including Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective;
• Helping co-ordinate inter-team dependencies through coordination with other teams –; The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting;
• Focusing the teamon daily and sprint goals in the context of Program Increment (PI) Objectives;
• Eliminating impediments;
• Supporting the Product Owner in their efforts creating and managing the backlog;
• Developing and documenting software requirements in collaboration with the product owners;
• Monitoring and improving performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity;
• Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all developers and sponsors, while managing time and costs;
• Builds a high-performing team –; Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance;
• Teaching problem-solving techniques and helping the team become better problem-solvers;
• Helps the team manage team conflict;
• Helps the team understand how to estimate stories, features and capabilities; and
• Facilitating progress toward team goals.Competencies required • Excellent people management and leadership skills;
• Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership;
• Innovative solution finding/ problem-solving skills;
• Assessing and managing conflict abilities;
• Highly self-motivated and resourceful;
• Excellent cross-functional written and verbal communication skills;
• Comfortable working within a fast- paced, dynamic environment; and
• Ability to multi-task in time-critical situations.Experience and QualificationsQualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Matric or equivalent qualification;
• Scrum certification essential; and
• A minimum of 3 years' experience leading scrum teams is essential.
Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of software development project management, particularly for application development;
• Computer literate, including competency with Jira;
• Experienced working with different frameworks within Agile, particularly Scrum and Kanban;
• Solid understanding of Lean and Lean principles and the ability to propagate this into the teams and the organization;
• Familiarity with common online and e-commerce concepts, tools and technologies;
• Basic understanding of software engineering best practices, and basic architecture concepts like service orientated architecture and object orientated analysis and design; and
• Interest in future technologies and trends.LocationThe above-mentioned position is currently available in the Client Engagement Solutions departmentin ourIT teambased at our office in Centurion.