Employer: MMI Holdings
Apply before Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 27 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to enhance the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.zaRole PurposeSupport the appointed actuary in delivering comprehensive actuarial consulting services to a portfolio of retirement funds and client-specific solutions to large employers.Responsibilities and work outputs • Perform accounting, retirement fund interim and statutory valuations
• Prepare valuation reports and other documents for presentation to client
• Individual calculations of members' benefits including minimum benefits
• Assist with the management of client accounts to agreed service level
• Carry out special actuarial investigations and projects, including modelling of unique solutions for employers
• Calculation of monthly investment indices and preparation of investment reports
• Calculations in respect of and preparation of Section 14 certificates
• Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
• Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders including retirement fund administrators
• Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
• Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forumCompetencies required • Accountability
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Technical and organisational skills
• TeamworkExperience and Qualifications • Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science or Statistics
• Minimum of 5 core technical subjects (including CT5/A203 Contingencies)
• At least 2 yearswork experience
• Relevant retirement fund and/or employer solutions experience, preferably in an actuarial type role, will be advantageous
• Intermediate MS skills (Excel and Word)LocationThe above-mentioned position is currently available in theCorporate and Distributiondepartment at our Corporate and Public Sector Segment based at our office in Centurion and Cape Town.Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.