Our client offers blasting solutions for the Mining, quarries and Infrastructure industries. They have just landed an exciting project on a very well-known Copper mine in Solwezi, Zambia, and they are seeking to hire a Plant Manager to start ASAP. You will ensure that the manufacturing operations and service delivery of blasting activities are carries out in a safe and efficient manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Comply with company Safety, Quality, Environment & Security Policy.
- Comply with company policies, procedure and process.
- Comply with company and client site procedures and requirements.
- Conduct/participate in regular safety and quality audits.
- Identify opportunities for the company to improve client service, efficiency or productivity.
- Clearly define individual roles and ensure staff has current position descriptions.
- Conduct performance management, review and counseling.
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of new staff.
- Carry out regular training and provide support to staff as required.
- Oversee roster/resource requirements to meet business needs.
- Manage staff in a fair and equitable manner.
- Provide strong and effective leadership with Plant staff to build a culture of employee empowerment, involvement and continuous improvement.
- Regular management reports in relation to safety, production figures, blasting activities.
- Demand forecasting of human and capital/material resources required to meet client needs.
- Assisting Project Manager with setting operator KPI's and communicate performance targets to the team.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, participate and contribute to operations reviews, hazard studies & development planning.
- Ensuring site compliance to Client safety standards.
- Establish and build strong client/customer relationships.
- Regular communication with clients in key positions to ensure client satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure staff compliance with the company policies, procedure and process.
- Technical degree / College Education
- At least three years of experience as Plant Manager
- Mining knowledge, showing capacity to answer to specialized questions.
- Ability to work in isolated and challenging location
- Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement
- Fluent in English, other languages are valued.
- Commitment and integration in MAXAM.
- Internal and external client orientation.
- Control and activity follow up.