Our client, a very successful Flower business in Kenya are looking for an experienced Rose production manager to support their existing operations as well as spearhead expansion in their production across the business.
Their ideal candidate would have a background in rose growing within East Africa, with an excellent understanding of quality requirements and past experience of setting up greenfield operations.
Reporting into the managing director, this individual will lead the business from a production perspective responsible for delivering quality flowers to meet with customer and export demands.
As the production manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the production across 30 plus hectares of rose operation, ensuring product quality and yield
- Leading development of new growing operations, setting up growing plans
- Procurement and budget management for production
- Training and staff development
- Developing new varieties and growing strategy
- Supporting Packhouse and logistics operations