An exciting opportunity exists for a Cosmetic Quality Laboratory Intern at Indigo Brands, Cape Town on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The purpose would be to learn, grow and develop and to enable succession into the quality division.
Apply before Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 3 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
- Please note that this job may expire at any time, for operational reasons. Advert closing dates may vary from those published on job boards and third party sites. Please double-check the closing date before applying
AVI Limited is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands. Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in the Food Products sector, and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our single-minded purpose is our brands growth and development.
Indigo Brands, based in Cape Town, is a subsidiary of AVI Limited (AVI). Leaders in personal care and beauty products including female and male perfumed body spays, roll-on deodorants, body care, face care, colour cosmetics and liquid fragrances. Well-known brands include Yardley- Gorgeous, Lace, English Blazer and Lenthéric -Hoity Toity, Solo and Masculin. Indigo’s brand portfolio is strengthened via the Coty licensing agreement that includes world-renowned brands such as Rimmel, Exclamation, Adidas, Guess and Sally Hansen.
- Good laboratory Practice.
- Ensure on a daily basis that housekeeping, hygiene and safety requirements are adhered to
- Validate all instruments daily or as per SOP requirement and record on results on relevant forms
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date database of product specifications, MSDS’s, COA’s and quality standards
- Analytical testing of Raw materials and bulk(Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Microbiological media preparation
- Microbiological testing of Raw material, bulk and Finished product
- Stability testing of bulk
- Record results of all testing done and communicate to the relevant
- Ensure that the Quality standard are met when during Analysis
- Perform problem solving of quality non-conforming raw material and liaise with supplier line manager
- Maintain and ensure consistent and accurate colour quality
- Ensure out of specification batches are reported, quarantined and investigated
- Assist with consumer complaints evaluation
- Research and manage projects
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Creating and Innovating
- Persuading and Influencing
- Relating and Networking
- Any experience relevant to field of study would be advantageous.
- Graduating with a 3 year National Diploma or Degree in Cosmetics specializing in Chemistry, Microbiology and Biochemistry in 2017
- Computer literacy skills, MS Office Suite