24.com is looking for a Front-End Web Developer, to join the Publishing team, situated at their office at Media24, Foreshore, Cape Town.
Apply before Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 37 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
You must be comfortable wearing many hats, changing direction quickly, and learning new technologies as and when required.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, multi-skilled team of Developers, Designers, and Product owners, in order to iteratively deliver sound technical solutions on a suite of web and mobile-web products across the 24.com network.
- Please note that this job may expire at any time, for operational reasons. Advert closing dates may vary from those published on job boards and third party sites. Please double-check the closing date before applying
- Working experience with technologies such as JQuery, Angular, Knockout, TypeScript, Node.JS and Gulp.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC)
- Developing for mobile devices using web technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experienced in Visual Studio (2015 & higher)
- Previous experience on large internet sites with high traffic load - A strong understanding of UI/UX design principles, with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to be relied upon to ensure projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner
- You must be able to monitor your own activities and take corrective action as and when necessary
- We expect you to work with others toward shared goals and by doing so meeting or exceeding them
- Must be eager to learn new methodologies and technologies - Work closely with the UI Designers to translate their UI designs into pixel-perfect code
- Support the C# .Net Developers in implementing front-end interfaces across the web and mobile-web platforms
- Ensure your code is W3C compliant and works across all popular browsers, both web and mobile-web
- Skilled in creating newsletters and promo mailers which work across all mail clients Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.