New Media is looking to appoint an experienced editor to head up the content team for a large financial services client. The editor will be responsible for the overall implementation of a digital-only internal communications content strategy for this client. They will manage the team, oversee all content production (daily content updates), and will liaise directly with the client to ensure the content strategy is implemented as agreed.
Apply before Friday, August 25, 2017 - 4 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
The successful candidate will be surrounded by a competent and motivated team at New Media and will be part of creating a brand new, world-class, internal communications solution for an innovative and highly respected brand. If you’re a passionately digital-first editor with fabulous client skills and a desire to do something great, then get in touch.
- Please note that this job may expire at any time, for operational reasons. Advert closing dates may vary from those published on job boards and third party sites. Please double-check the closing date before applying
The successful candidate should have at least three years of experience editing a digital platform, be excellent at handling client relationships and leading a team, and be passionate about producing engaging digital content. They should be comfortable commissioning written and video work, should thrive under pressure, and should be able to demonstrate an understanding of producing content for web, mobile and app. • A journalism degree or diploma / similar
• Excellent command of English and excellent English writing skills
• Outstanding editing skills and a keen eye for detail
• High level of computer literacy, including Adobe Creative Suite and specifically InDesign; a working knowledge of Photoshop is an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience in the financial industry will be an added advantage
• Versatility, adaptability, and the ability to work within a team and with other teams
• Willingness to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks
• Digital experience is an advantage GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaising with the head of content on all matters impacting content quality assurance.
• Liaising with the client to make sure all their objectives and expectations are met.
• Liaising with the managing editor/project manager to ensure production and delivery happen on time.
• Planning and ongoing management of editorial budget.
• Editorial content planning.
• Consistently striving for innovative solutions and ensuring that the quality of the content and the level of client service are of a consistently high standard.
• Remaining informed about the client’s business and the industry in which they operate.
• Compiling content lists in conjunction with the client, New Media team and the head of content.
• Leading planning and review meetings.
• Briefing contributors, including freelancers.
• Managing syndicated content and sources.
• Writing, rewriting or collating features.
• Quality checks of all content – copy, images, graphics, video and design – in conjunction with designers, art directors, group art directors and head of content.
• Being available and involved throughout the entire production process to provide guidance and maximise the impact of content.
• Approving all completed work.
• Constantly reading and researching to keep up with the latest thinking and trends – in media and, specifically, custom content – both locally and abroad. http://www.newmediapub.co.za/Company