- Appointment requires a relevant postgraduate qualification in town planning with a minimum of three years of relevant experience as well as project management experience.
- Knowledge of planning and environmental legislation,
- Spatial Development Frameworks,
- Land Use Schemes;
- Experience in working in a local government context,
- knowledge of biodiversity spatial plans and experience with training and capacity development is also required.
- The suitable candidate must be in possession of a valid Code B driver’s license, as well as be willing to travel.
- The ability to maintain sound interpersonal relationships and highly effective verbal and written communication capabilities are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office is also a specific requirement for this post.
1) An application form (obtainable from SANBI website www.sanbi.org/jobsor apply online) must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favorably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on XXX-XXXX or preferably, apply on line via the website (www.sanbi.org/jobs) or forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualifications and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Assistant Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.