An interview may be the first time your potential employer assesses whether or not you’re the right person for the job, but it’s also when you decide whether or not the job and company is the right fit for you. Remember, an interview is a two-way street. This is your chance to ask the important questions; the ones that will determine if you’ll be happy at the company.
To ensure that you get the most out of your interview, Careers24 has put together a list of questions you could ask the hiring manager and HR.
10 of the best
1. What is the turnover rate for the position you're interviewing for?
2. What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the position?
3. Who will I be working with and is it possible to meet them?
4. How many people work in the department?
5. Is there room for growth and advancement in the company?
6. What is the company’s management style?
7. Is this a new position? If not, why did the previous person leave?
8. Who do I report to if I’m offered the job?
9. Am I expected to travel in this position?
10. What improvements or changes do you hope the new candidate will bring to this position?
The questions might sound complex at first, but a good manager will be able to answer them with little or no hesitation. Remember, if you don’t ask the questions you’ll never know the answers.
No need to settle for a lousy job. Careers24.com has thousands of jobs for you to choose from – click here now to see them.